Southern Veterinary Hospitals We Are Hiring – Veterinarian
Southern Veterinary Hospitals Pty Ltd are currently recruiting for an experienced vet to work between our two hospitals, based in Hobart and Kingston, in Southern Tasmania. We are 100% small animal hospitals and our team are dedicated to practicing high quality medicine for the animals under our care at every stage of life.
We offer a complete range of veterinary services, with modern facilities and equipment as would be expected in small animal practice.
The job consists of a 4 day week (on average), with occasional Saturday mornings. We do not open on Sundays and do not offer an after hours service.
Skills & Experience:
- The ability to be rostered onto the surgery rotation as well as the consultation shift is essential.
- Consultations are run using a “consultation nurse” and expected to be run on time with a fully booked morning or afternoon block.
- Canine and feline cases are 99% of the case load.
- A standard range of presentations occur, from vaccinations to lameness to dermatology etc.
- In house cytology and haematology are strongly encouraged.
- The level of surgical expertise expected is to be capable of most regularly occurring procedures.
- This includes most soft tissue surgeries, a variety of abdominal procedures and a good standard of dentistry.
- Some experience in thoracic and orthopaedic surgery is an advantage.
- Senior veterinarians are available for assistance or internal referral for orthopaedic or more complex surgeries.
- The work hours will be a 38 hour week average. This will be between 8:00am and 6:00pm on only four days, Monday to Friday, with the occasional Saturday from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
- Continuing education is strongly encouraged and areas of increased knowledge are supported by internal referral.
- A strong sense of team work is expected with all veterinarians working together and sharing ideas and cases to provide the best possible care for our patients.
- A well-educated and dedicated nursing group provide excellent non veterinary support.
This is an interesting a varied role and we encourage to apply. Please forward your covering letter and resume, outlining your suitability to:
Southern Veterinary Hospitals Pty Ltd